The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from Bank of America, Adidas, PBS, and 10 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form on the right.
- Bank of America’s SVP of Digital Marketing and Social, Todd Robinson, discusses how they got started in the social space, their content strategy, and which social platforms they’re looking to conquer next. >> Digiday
- NASA’s Curiosity Mars rover is aiming to become the Foursquare “mayor” of the red planet by consistently checking-in and posting pictures on the geo-social platform. >> Slate
- The Coca-Cola Company has launched a new blog with hopes to create a better two-way conversation around their ideas, initiatives, and events with their fans. >> Coca-Cola Unbottled
- For the new season of Duck Dynasty, A&E is giving a few lucky fans the chance to spend time with the entire cast on Google+ Hangouts based on the best tweet, photo, or video submissions. >> Lost Remote
- Citi’s Global Social Media Director, Frank Eliason, shares why he thinks social media is a necessary tool for business networking and valuable customer insights. >> Adweek
- Planet Fitness has built a custom “Pat on the Back” generator that allows their members to send each other words of encouragement and support via Facebook and Twitter. >> Club Solutions Magazine
- L’Oreal VP of Digital Strategy & Marketing Rachel Weiss gives her thoughts on the value several different social media platforms have for big brands. >> Business Insider
- Adidas is experimenting with an interactive storefront that lets customers dress up virtual mannequins, add the item to a shopping cart on their smartphone, and share the purchase with their friends over social media. >> PSFK
- PBS used microtargeting strategies on Twitter and Facebook to create a ton of buzz for their newest “Half the Sky” documentary. >> MediaPost
- Farmers Insurance is hosting a NASCAR contest on their Facebook page that gives fans the chance to win a Chevy of their choice and unlock consolation prize videos to share with friends. >> Facebook
Disclosure: Bank of America, The Coca-Cola Company, and Farmers Insurance are SocialMedia.org members (and awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- Social media case studies from Cisco, Dunkin’ Donuts, Buick, and 15 more
- SocialMedia.org’s weekly list of upcoming word of mouth and social media conferences
- Social media job openings and new hires at Estee Lauder, Sears, SunTrust, and more
- Social media case studies from Dell, MasterCard, American Airlines, and 14 more