The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from Discovery Communications, Playboy, Klondike, and 10 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form on the right.
- Discovery Communications’ Director of Digital Communications and Social Media, Amber Harris, shares how truly getting to know your audience on Facebook leads to better engagement, sharing, and reach. >> PR News
- ESPN is working with Twitter to create branded campaigns around televised sporting events. Their first program for the NBA finals called “GameFace” encourages fans to tweet their best game face photo for a chance to win on-air coverage. >> B&C
- American Express’ Chief Marketing Officer, John Hayes, outlines how they are marketing to fans using Facebook, Foursquare, and Twitter. >> Ad Age
- CBS has launched a social TV platform that will aggregate content from Twitter and Facebook and allow fans to connect with actors and each other. >> The Next Web
- Victoria’s Secret is using the DJ-focused music site Thefuture.fm to share their models’ favorite tunes and exclusive remixes on Facebook and Twitter. >> Brandchannel
- In their latest Twitter campaign, Playboy rewarded users for retweeting their posts with brand messages of girls revealing more and more skin. >> Simply Zesty
- Kit Kat’s new application is attempting to relieve their fans’ stress of maintaining their personal social media presence by automatically updating their statuses on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. >> Canada.com
- Univision’s President of Interactive Media and Enterprise Development, Kevin Conroy, talks about how they’re engaging fans on Facebook with their new social video network. >> Lost Remote
- Viceroy Hotel Group has launched a Pinterest page that features three boards highlighting their interior design, wedding ceromonies, and cuisine — all aimed at bringing customers closer to the lifestyle and inspiration the brand has to offer. >> Hotel Interactive
- Klondike is inviting users to their new Flavor Chamber app to see what their ice cream treats are made of by virtually destroying them and sharing the results with friends on Facebook. >> Creativity Online
Disclosure: Discovery Communications and Amber Harris are SocialMedia.org members (and awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- Social media case studies from Hallmark, Best Buy, Paramount, and 7 more
- SocialMedia.org’s weekly list of upcoming word of mouth and social media conferences
- Social media job openings and new hires at Rogers Communications, Sally Beauty, Gap, and more
- Social media case studies from Univision, Subway, Honda, and 12 more