The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from FedEx, Revlon, American Airlines, and 10 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form on the right.
- FedEx has launched an app that allows customers to select shipping recipients from their Facebook friends list and post an alert to their friends’ timelines. >> The Next Web
- Callaway is creating buzz around their new high-tech driver by slowly unveiling different features on Twitter when fans use the hashtag #LongestDriverInGolf. >> MyGolfSpy
- Ben & Jerry’s is turning their fans’ Instagram pictures into ads that will be featured in their local neighborhoods. >> PC Mag
- Chrysler’s Social Media Manager, Esperansita Bejnarowicz, explained how they used a storytelling video series on Facebook to get younger audiences interested in their Fiat brand. >> MediaPost
- Amazon is teaming up with Jib-Jab to offer personalized video gift cards that customers can send to their friends via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or email. >> PSFK
- To promote their new Cheddar Bacon Onion burger, McDonald’s is adding a daily dose of bacon to their Twitter feed with graphics of bacon replacing everyday objects. >> The Huffington Post
- Julie Marchant-Houle, VP of Marketing for Revlon, describes how real-time data influences her social media strategies. >> Chief Marketer
- Toys “R” Us has launched a news network across Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube with kid “anchors” giving parents clues for what toys will be popular this holiday season. >> Ragan
- American Airlines has upgraded their iPad app to include a trivia game that passengers can play against each other while in flight. Each week the top players will be featured on their Facebook leaderboard for a chance to win extra bonus miles. >> Brandchannel
- Alfred Dunhill has created a stop-motion film using a Facebook photo album with 200 photos from their recent vintage-car race in Japan. >> Adweek
Disclosure: FedEx and McDonald’s are SocialMedia.org members (and awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- Social media case studies from Dell, MasterCard, American Airlines, and 14 more
- SocialMedia.org’s weekly list of upcoming word of mouth and social media conferences
- Social media job openings and new hires at First Republic Bank, REI, Pizza Hut, and [...]
- Social media case studies from Lowe’s Home Improvement, PUMA, Budweiser, and 15 more