The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from H&R Block, Dole Food Company, Orbit, and 11 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form on the right.
- H&R Block has teamed up with Kansas City to host a Social Media Command Center that will provide recommendations, up-to-date information, and answers to tourists’ questions while the MLB All-Star Game is in town. >> Block Talk
- In celebration of Canada Day, Molson Coors created a video that features musicians playing the national Canadian anthem using instruments made from their bottles, cans, and kegs. >> YouTube
- In her BlogWell San Francisco presentation, Verizon’s Telecom/Business Portfolio Leader, Laurie Shook, talks about how they are generating new product ideas from their customers. >> Vimeo
- American Express is launching their second-annual “Big Break for Small Business” contest on Facebook to give small business owners a chance to revamp their social media marketing presence. >> FOX Business
- Dole Food Company Digital Marketing Manager Michael Contreras discusses how maintaining a healthy relationship with bloggers is a key marketing strategy for promoting their recipe contests. >> Chief Marketer
- In an attempt to demystify their advertising and engage in the ongoing conversation about their brand online, McDonald’s Canada has created a behind-the-scenes video that reveals how their burgers are photographed. >> LA Times
- TIME magazine’s Managing Editor, Cathy Sharick, shares the eight insights for success on Google+ that led them to over 1.2 million followers on the new social platform. >> Journalism.co.uk
- The Weather Channel and German airline Lufthansa are taking advantage of Foursquare’s open source tools to connect with fans. >> Adweek
- Orbit generated a ton of buzz on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram when customers shared their experience of having their coffee shop check-ins ambushed by the Orbit White character handing out samples of the new stain-removal gum. >> The Social Schmuck
- Durex is releasing their new line of products with a song generator application that is meant to be shared on Facebook with fans’ significant others. >> Ad Age
Disclosure: H&R Block, Molson Coors, Verizon, Laurie Shook, Dole Food Company, Michael Contreras, and McDonald’s are SocialMedia.org members (and awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- Social media case studies from Cisco, Dunkin’ Donuts, Buick, and 15 more
- SocialMedia.org’s weekly list of upcoming word of mouth and social media conferences
- Social media job openings and new hires at Estee Lauder, Sears, SunTrust, and more
- Social media case studies from Dell, MasterCard, American Airlines, and 14 more