The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from Kraft Foods, American Electric Power, Macy’s, and 16 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form on the right.
- Kraft Foods’ Oreo brand is celebrating its 100th birthday on Facebook and Twitter by encouraging fans to submit personal videos, pictures, stories, and short animated films capturing their own childlike moments. >> PR Daily
- Disney’s Marvel Studios announced they will offer advance screenings around the world for “The Avengers” in cities where the movie has gained the most fans on Facebook. >> Boston.com
- American Electric Power Director of Internal Communications William Amurgis shares how they’re succeeding in online engagement by putting the audience first. >> Ragan.com
- According to PhaseOne Communications, Starbucks, Audi, McDonald’s, Red Bull, and American Express rank in the top most socially engaging brands due to their “idealized self” brand message. >> MediaPost
- The NHL and EA Sports are teaming up to give fans the chance to choose the next athlete for the cover of the new “NHL 13″ game. Fans can then promote their top picks on Facebook and Twitter with hashtag #NHL13Cover. >> ESPN
- American Express is finding success in social media by getting their fans’ attention and gaining their trust with three simple guidelines. >> Social Media Today
- To mark their 140th anniversary, Heineken has released a limited edition bottle that was designed by winners of their global Facebook competition. >> Marketing Magazine
- The Four Seasons hotel in Toronto has launched a memory book on Facebook for past and current guests to upload their photos and personal stories. >> Luxury Daily
- The Shorty Awards honored Walgreens, Volkswagen, CNN, Research In Motion, and more for the best work in social media channels, viral campaigns, websites, games, and applications. >> Shorty Awards
- Macy’s is building an interactive social community for their customers to give feedback and interact with each other online. >> ClickZ
Disclosure: Kraft Foods, McDonald’s, Walgreens, and Research In Motion are SocialMedia.org members (and awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- Social media case studies from Hallmark, Best Buy, Paramount, and 7 more
- SocialMedia.org’s weekly list of upcoming word of mouth and social media conferences
- Social media job openings and new hires at Rogers Communications, Sally Beauty, Gap, and more
- Social media case studies from Univision, Subway, Honda, and 12 more