The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from Mercedes-Benz, Kit Kat, Best Western, and 10 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form on the right.
- Mercedes-Benz is leaving the outcome of their latest set of TV ads up to their Twitter followers. Fans can vote for what happens next to the characters in the mini ad series using hashtag #YOUDRIVE. >> Campaign Live
- The Kellogg Company’s Director of Insights and Analytics, Aaron Fetters, discusses how they use social data to inform marketing and to measure their brand’s equity. >> Digiday
- To support Felix Baumgartner’s jump from the edge of space, Nestle created a video of a Kit Kat bar they sent into space minutes before his mission. They asked their fans to share the video via Facebook and Twitter with hashtag #BreakFromGravity and have since reached over 20,000 views. >> Popsop
- Ford is using social media to create buzz and develop demand for future products before they’re even released. >> MediaPost
- The Weather Channel’s Senior Manager of Social Media Marketing, Renee Willet, shares their social media TV strategy for the premiere of their reality show “Coast Guard Florida.” >> Lost Remote
- To drive awareness on Pinterest, Gucci has created new online banners that are pin-friendly for users to share on the visual social media platform. >> Adverblog
- Grey Goose and Taco Bell are using Instagram to drive consumer engagement by connecting on a deeper level and promoting new products. >> Mobile Marketer
- Best Western is looking to Facebook to reward their loyal customers with special promotions and chances to win dream vacations. >> ClickZ
- The MM&M “Best Use of Social Media” award was presented to sanofi-aventis for their online community engagement program with diabetes patients. >> MM&M 2012 Awards
Disclosure: The Kellogg Company, Taco Bell, and sanofi-aventis are SocialMedia.org members (and awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- SocialMedia.org’s weekly list of upcoming word of mouth and social media conferences
- Social media job openings and new hires at Walgreens, Taco Bell, Scottrade and more
- All the great ideas, tweets, and takeaways from BlogWell Dallas
- Social media case studies from Liberty Mutual, U-Haul, Pizza Hut, and more