The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from Nutella, The Weather Channel, T-Mobile, and 12 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form on the right.
- Nutella’s new case study shows that their Facebook ad campaign outperformed their TV ad campaign in terms of positive ROI and total reach. >> Scribd
- Zales and 1-800-Flowers.com share their marketing strategies on Facebook during one of the most high-grossing holidays of the year — Mother’s Day. >> Adweek
- The NHL’s new social TV application gives hardcore fans a new layer of engagement and more casual fans a chance to get more involved in the game. >> Lost Remote
- The Men’s Wearhouse is encouraging fans to upload photos and videos of their own personal style on Facebook for a chance for their wardrobe to be included in their weekly roundup fashion video. >> DMNews
- Snack Factory’s Pretzel Crisps brand is releasing new branded video content on their YouTube page to introduce their new mascot. >> MediaPost
- T-Mobile has created a contest called “Tweet Races” that challenges their followers to tweet as much as possible with a #4GTweets hashtag. >> TmoNews
- For their 30th birthday, The Weather Channel has redesigned their website to include a variety of personalized social media components. >> TechCrunch
- Beauty brands Procter & Gamble, Estee Lauder Companies, Lush, and Lancome are bringing back discontinued products based on fans’ feedback on social media. >> The NY Times
- Chico’s FAS is launching a goodwill campaign that will make donations and send “Get Well” cards to ill children via their new Facebook application. >> ClickZ
- McDonald’s Germany introduced the first crowdsourced burger to sell as a result of over five million votes in their “Mein Burger” campaign. >> PSFK
Disclosure: Procter & Gamble and McDonald’s are SocialMedia.org members (and awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- TD Ameritrade social media case study — Live from the Brands-Only Summit
- Walgreens social media case study — Live from the Brands-Only Summit
- E. & J. Gallo Winery social media case study — Live from the Brands-Only Summit
- Moen social media case study — Live from the Brands-Only Summit