The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from Samsung, H&R Block, Ray-Ban, and 11 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form on the right.
- Samsung’s new Olympic Genome Project application lets fans connect with past and current Olympic athletes on Facebook based on common friends, interests, and personal information. >> AdWeek
- UPS’ Manager of Corporate Public Relations, Debbie Curtis-Magley, discusses how they are using social media to reach and connect with small businesses. >> Listen Interactive
- Hearst Magazines has launched a new fashion-focused YouTube channel called Hello Style that includes top features from their major magazines. >> Independent Fashion Bloggers
- H&R Block is using Twitter to build their reputation and provide excellent customer service. >> Econsultancy
- Parasole Restaurant Holdings Vice President Randy Stanley shares how they are using online mentions and customer feedback to motivate and engage employees. >> PizzaMarketPlace.com
- In honor of their 75th Anniversary, Kraft Foods’ Macaroni & Cheese gave their two new spokeswomen (dubbed the “Old Birds” at ages 86 and 87 years old) control of their YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook pages for the day. >> The Five
- Seth Farbman, Gap’s Global CMO, shares their insights on digital marketing, including their external and internal social strategies. >> Ad Age
- Nissan India has launched their New Star of India short film online that features 20 young fans that were selected from their Facebook competition. >> Popsop
- Ray-Ban has created an application that pulls in your Facebook posts and check-ins to create a custom film to share with friends. >> Creativity Online
- Target, Vogue, and more are leading the way in demonstrating how brands can build buzz on Tumblr. >> Ragan.com
Disclosure: UPS, Debbie Curtis-Magley, H&R Block, Kraft Foods, and Target are SocialMedia.org members (and awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- SocialMedia.org’s weekly list of upcoming word of mouth and social media conferences
- Social media job openings and new hires at Walgreens, Taco Bell, Scottrade and more
- All the great ideas, tweets, and takeaways from BlogWell Dallas
- Social media case studies from Liberty Mutual, U-Haul, Pizza Hut, and more