The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from Toys “R” Us, Nestle Purina, Century 21, and 15 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form on the right.
- Toys “R” Us is bringing back their holiday “Give Back” program that calls on good Samaritans to help pay off a stranger’s layaway balance. The random acts of kindness will be tracked and shared on their Facebook and Twitter pages. >> Companies and Causes
- The Coca-Cola Company’s SVP of Integrated Marketing Communications and Capabilities, Wendy Clark, gives seven rules for building a mega-brand in social media. >> CNNMoney
- GE, Carhoots.com, and others are breaking Pinterest stereotypes by putting their own spin on already popular topics. >> Business 2 Community
- Nestlé is teaming up with doctors to build a Facebook community to help mothers raise healthier babies. >> Lighthouse Insights
- Four Seasons is using social media at both a corporate and local level to personalize their customer service. In their most recent bridal promotion, they saw over 24 million impressions from a single hashtag campaign. >> Luxury Daily
- Sephora, Kate Spade, and the Boston Celtics are connecting with fans on Pinterest to drive holiday sales. >> Adweek
- Nestle Purina’s VP of Global/Social/Digital Marketing, Chris Padgett, shares how they structure their Center of Excellence for over 30 brands and 7,000 employees. >> Digiday
- Whole Foods, Vans, Target, Disney Pixar, and more are using Tumblr to give customers a unique, inside look at their brand. >> Mashable
- Century 21 is targeting the next generation of home buyers with EA’s SimCity social game on Facebook. >> MediaPost
- Old Navy celebrated five million Facebook fans by recruiting some of them to participate in making a larger-than-life coupon. >> AllFacebook
Disclosure: The Coca-Cola Company, GE, Nestle Purina, and Target are SocialMedia.org members (and awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- Social media case studies from MGM Resorts International, Sony, Heinz, and 12 more
- SocialMedia.org’s weekly list of upcoming word of mouth and social media conferences
- Social media job openings and new hires at Johnson Controls, Adidas, Patrón Spirits Company, and [...]
- Social media case studies from Taco Bell, GE, The Clorox Company, and 16 more