The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from Under Armour, Clif Bar, Mitsubishi, and 12 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form on the right.
- Under Armour is using Twitter and Facebook to inspire women to participate in their “What’s Beautiful” contest by sharing their fitness goals and progress. >> The Realtime Report
- Express CMO Lisa Gavales discusses why a social presence in retail is necessary to keep up with their social savvy shoppers in order to gain their trust, have genuine conversations, and answer their questions. >> Chief Marketer
- Northwestern University launched college football’s first social media hub to collect all of the team’s social media presences on one, easy-to-access site. >> Ragan
- H&R Block Social Media Chief Scott Gulbransen and Mutual of Omaha Manager of Social Media & Online Marketing Kasey Skala praise social media’s ability to help companies cut costs. >> Digiday
- Clif Bar encouraged fans to send them a geo-tagged tweet while they were enjoying an outdoor activity to redeem a coupon for a Mojo Bar. >> Inc.com
- Nissan teamed up with The Second City improv group to produce over 50 music videos about their new Pathfinder vehicle that reached millions of fans on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter. >> Briggs Nissan
- EMC’s VP of Global Marketing, Todd Forsythe, shares how they’re integrating social media into everything they do to drive customer engagement. >> BtoB
- Toyota is joining NASCAR drivers to build cars for charity based on fans’ top picks on Facebook. >> EIN News
- On May 24th, Goldman Sachs made history with their first-ever tweet. What took so long, you may ask? Figuring out how to comply with all the rules and regulations. Here’s a great summary from The Harvard Business Review. >> HBR Blog
- Mitsubishi’s new Facebook campaign finds users’ most pretentious friends based on their bragging posts and runs them over in a personalized video. >> SocialTimes
Disclosure: H&R Block, Scott Gulbransen, Mutual of Omaha, Kasey Skala, EMC, Todd Forsythe, and Toyota are SocialMedia.org members (and awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- Social media case studies from Taco Bell, GE, The Clorox Company, and 16 more
- SocialMedia.org’s weekly list of upcoming word of mouth and social media conferences
- Social media job openings and new hires at Capital One, The Coca-Cola Company, Panasonic, and [...]
- All the great ideas, tweets, and takeaways from BlogWell New York