The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from Walmart, McAfee, Slim Jim, and 11 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form on the right.
- Walmart is giving Facebook fans early access to their holiday-only layaway program as a perk for liking their page. >> Internet Retailer
- Sharpie and Audi are building new connections with fans using visual content on Instagram. >> Social Fresh
- In her BlogWell Chicago presentation, Kraft Foods’ Digital & Social Marketing Lead, Beth Reilly, discusses how they’re experimenting in the social TV space. >> Vimeo
- SAP’s online community has launched “Blog It Forward” — a blogging challenge that encourages community members to share their stories and pass along others’ throughout the internet. >> SCN.com
- Intel’s Social Media Strategist, Ekaterina Walter, shares how brands like Moleskine and fashion label Kahri are engaging fans with visual social content on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. >> Fast Company
- McAfee has launched the beta version of their new Social Protection Facebook app that helps protect users’ identities by monitoring photo sharing, tagging, and downloads. >> AllFacebook
- ConAgra Foods’ Slim Jim brand is seeing success with their crowdsourcing strategy on Facebook and has since used fan feedback to name their community manager, decide which marketing stunts to attempt, and improve new and existing products. >> MediaPost
- Heinz is getting fans excited about their new Five Beanz product with a Facebook contest that awards fans each hour with a bean that has their name engraved on it. >> Creativity Online
- In their new Baby Championships campaign, Huggies is transforming bland user-generated content into sharable Olympic parody videos based on footage that moms are submitting of their children. >> Adverblog
- Absolut has created an online application that helps users plan their next party by connecting with their Facebook account to provide personalized ideas based on recent posts, current city, and photos. >> Digiday
Disclosure: Walmart, Kraft Foods, Beth Reilly, SAP, Intel, Ekaterina Walter, McAfee, ConAgra Foods, and Heinz are SocialMedia.org members (and awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- Social media case studies from MGM Resorts International, Sony, Heinz, and 12 more
- SocialMedia.org’s weekly list of upcoming word of mouth and social media conferences
- Social media job openings and new hires at Johnson Controls, Adidas, Patrón Spirits Company, and [...]
- Social media case studies from Taco Bell, GE, The Clorox Company, and 16 more