The Big List Blog
Survey: 1 in 5 marketers to shift 30% of traditional marketing budgets to social media in 2010
Alterian’s 2009 Annual Survey Results shows 84% of marketers plan to shift at least a portion of their traditional marketing budgets to digital/interactive/social media channels in 2010.
The survey involved more than 1,000 marketers from around the world and was conducted between October 1st through December 3rd of 2009.
Findings from the survey:
- 21% of respondents plan to shift more than 30% of their traditional budgets to new media
- At 66%, “Social Media Marketing” led all techniques marketers are currently or plan to invest in in 2010
- 54% of respondents listed social media as “Increasingly important” to the overall marketing mix, while only 4% responded “Not at all important”
We will never, ever release your email.
- Social media case studies from Cisco, Dunkin’ Donuts, Buick, and 15 more
- SocialMedia.org’s weekly list of upcoming word of mouth and social media conferences
- Social media job openings and new hires at Estee Lauder, Sears, SunTrust, and more
- Social media case studies from Dell, MasterCard, American Airlines, and 14 more