The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from Amway, Delta Air Lines, Dunkin’ Donuts, and 14 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form on the right.
- The Coca-Cola Company’s iconic polar bears will be watching the Super Bowl live via their Facebook page and interacting with fans on Twitter throughout the game. >> Fast Company
- Candace Matthews, Chief Marketing Officer for Amway, talks about how their distributor network borrows a lot from their social media strategies. >> Forbes
- Delta Air Lines has launched a new iPad app that uses social media to give travelers intelligent recommendations for local entertainment, eating, and check-in information. >> Digital Buzz Blog
- Dunkin’ Donuts CEO Nigel Travis says their decision to open up shop in California was largely based on the cry of their Facebook fans and Twitter followers. >> Adweek
- Aquafina is giving four designers the chance to win a trip to Project Runway’s season finale in New York by submitting an Aquafina-inspired design and receiving the most votes on Facebook. >> PR Newswire
- PlayStation is keeping their Facebook and Twitter fans engaged during MLB’s off-season by asking them to vote for which player will be on the cover of MLB 13 The Show. >> Brandchannel
- ADT Director of Digital and Social Communications Pheobe Venkat talks about how your employees can become a part of a “social workforce.” >> Logic + Emotion
- Jack in the Box announced the return of their Bacon Cheddar Potato Wedges on Facebook because of their fans’ social media campaigns to bring the menu item back. >> QSRweb.com
- The Indianapolis Motor Speedway will use their fans’ Instagram photos to plot #Indy500orBust on an interactive map. >> Ad Age
- Arby’s has launched an advergame on Facebook to drive brand engagement, encourage social sharing, and create awareness around their new fish sandwich. >> Undercurrent News
- CNN has named Capital One, Mayo Clinic, Mercedes Benz, Marriott International, and five more as the biggest “Social Media Superstars” for their powerful use of Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. >> CNN Money
Disclosure: The Coca-Cola Company, Amway, Dunkin’ Donuts, Mayo Clinic, and Marriott International are SocialMedia.org members (and an awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- Social media case studies from Cisco, Dunkin’ Donuts, Buick, and 15 more
- SocialMedia.org’s weekly list of upcoming word of mouth and social media conferences
- Social media job openings and new hires at Estee Lauder, Sears, SunTrust, and more
- Social media case studies from Dell, MasterCard, American Airlines, and 14 more