The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from General Mills, Mattel, Nissan, and 19 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form below.
- General Motors’ Social Media Manager of Customer and Relationship Services, Melody Blumenschein, talks about what goes on behind the scenes at their social media command center. >> Automotive News
- General Mills’ Fiber One brand is creating #SnackDrama videos based on their fans’ tweets about dieting woes. >> ClickZ
- Molson Coors Canada tapped into weather-related cravings to create a real-time strategy for their Facebook mobile ads. >> The Globe and Mail
- Nissan’s Director of Interactive and Social Media Marketing, Erich Marx, talks about how #MyPassionPortrait is helping connect their fans with similar interests. >> MediaPost
- Lisa McKnight, Mattel’s Senior VP of Marketing for North America, shares how they reworked their Fisher-Price holiday strategy to target more social and digitally-savvy moms. >> Ad Age
- The Kellogg Company covered a car with Cheez-Its in a Vine video inspired by their Facebook fans’ habit of playing with the snack. >> ClickZ
- Wendy’s, MTV, Starbucks, and ABC are among brands that make up 40% of the top 1,000 most popular videos on Instagram. >> Social News Daily
- PepsiCo’s Mountain Dew is taking social media to television with their Vine-based commercials. >> Adweek
- Procter & Gamble’s Charmin brand is asking their fans to #tweetfromtheseat at NFL stadiums in their “Tailgating Potties.” >> The New York Times
- Hertz, Enterprise Holdings, and other car rental brands are using YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter to engage with travelers. >> USA Today
Disclosure: General Mills, Fiber One, Molson Coors Canada, Wendy’s, Mattel, Fisher-Price, The Kellogg Company, Cheez-It, Procter & Gamble, Charmin, and Enterprise Holdings are SocialMedia.org members (and awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- Social media case studies from Sprint, Tiffany & Co., KFC, and more
- TD Ameritrade social media case study — Live from the Brands-Only Summit
- Walgreens social media case study — Live from the Brands-Only Summit
- E. & J. Gallo Winery social media case study — Live from the Brands-Only Summit