The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from Google, Jagermeister, American Express, and 10 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form below.
- GE asked their fans to submit their invention ideas using #IWantToInvent for a chance to win an actual blueprint of their idea. >> BuzzFeed
- John Avola of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital talks about how they became the brand with the most loyal following on Facebook. >> Ragan
- Google is asking their fans to tell them what they would do #ifihadglass for a chance to try out their new Google Glass project. >> TechCrunch
- Oreo is actively engaging their social media audience in the “Cookie vs. Creme” debate by allowing fans to battle it out on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. >> Brandchannel
- Hormel Foods’ SPAM is planning to help their fans #BreaktheMonotony of boring meals and tweets by sending them personalized, real time web videos of their new spokescharacter. >> PR Newswire
- Roland Hulme, Social Media Manager at Tyco Fire and Security, talks about social media as the future of internal business communication. >> Yammer
- Jagermeister is offering a trip to Las Vegas for the winning fan who shares ways that they drink responsibly on their Facebook page. >> MediaPost
- McDonald’s campaign of transparency in social media helped them reach the top spot as the most social company in the restaurant business. >> Forbes
- American Express is allowing TV viewers to buy items from NBC Universal shows using their mobile devices and AmEx cards linked to their social accounts. >> Ad Age
- Wonderful Pistachios is commended for their thorough integration of traditional ads and social. >> Business 2 Community
Disclosure: GE, Oreo, and McDonald’s are SocialMedia.org members (and an awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- Social media case studies from Hallmark, Best Buy, Paramount, and 7 more
- SocialMedia.org’s weekly list of upcoming word of mouth and social media conferences
- Social media job openings and new hires at Rogers Communications, Sally Beauty, Gap, and more
- Social media case studies from Univision, Subway, Honda, and 12 more