The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from McDonald’s, General Mills, The Home Depot, and 17 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form below.
- McDonald’s Director of Social Media, Rick Wion, shares the story behind their social strategies that have been recognized as elevating the brand. >> Nation’s Restaurant News
- General Mills’ Nature Valley brand is encouraging fans on Facebook and Twitter to add their own photos and conversations to their Trail View interactive website. >> Adweek
- Jessica Wells, VP of Social Media Marketing at Chico’s, talks about running social media for multiple brands. >> Digiday
- Hawaiian Tropic is asking their Facebook fans to choose the next face of the brand who will win a vacation to Hawaii and be featured as their new spokeswoman. >> The New York Times
- Quaker’s Cap’n Crunch cereal has launched a YouTube variety show for their mascot that fans can interact with on Twitter and Facebook. >> MediaPost
- The Home Depot’s Senior Manager of Social Media, Kathryn Emery, talks about the success of their Richard the Cat meme in social media. >> Brandchannel
- Novartis and Alere are teaming up with Time Warner to donate one malaria treatment session for every view of their original film’s trailer on YouTube, as well as other social media calls to action. >> Malaria No More
- Snickers launched a Hungry-Me Generator in which fans can create and share their alter ego on Facebook and Twitter. >> Adverblog
- Nissan, Urban Outfitters, Converse, Gap, and others are showcased for their engaging use of Vine. >> Brands on Vine
Disclosure: McDonald’s, Rick Wion, General Mills, Nature Valley, The Home Depot, and Novartis are SocialMedia.org members (and awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- Social media case studies from Taco Bell, GE, The Clorox Company, and 16 more
- SocialMedia.org’s weekly list of upcoming word of mouth and social media conferences
- Social media job openings and new hires at Capital One, The Coca-Cola Company, Panasonic, and [...]
- All the great ideas, tweets, and takeaways from BlogWell New York