The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from Pfizer, McDonald’s, AT&T, and 10 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form below.
- Bob Libbey, Head of Digital and Social Communications at Pfizer, explains how they build relationships with their employees through an internal network and user-generated social campaigns. >> Social Media Today
- General Electric’s Director for Global Digital Marketing and Programming, Paul Marcum, talks about how the brand is using Twitter, Tumblr, and other platforms to become a social storyteller. >> Warc
- The New York Times used Facebook’s blogging tool and Twitter to publish full-length stories, during a two-hour website outage. >> MediaPost
- Rick Wion, McDonald’s Director of Social Media, talks about how the brand gets ahead of negative word of mouth and creates positive fan relationships by listening to consumers on social media. >> Ragan
- AT&T Lead Consultant of Emerging Technologies Lee Diaz, shares how they are training their top leadership to engage in social media. >> YouTube
- Gap is asking the Tumblr community to submit original content describing what “blue means to them” for a chance to have their content featured on every Tumblr mobile ad for a day. >> Mashable
- KC Estenson, Senior VP and General Manager of Digital at CNN, discusses plans for the brand’s new website that will let fans create a customized social news experience. >> Lost Remote
- Lexus created a stop-motion car commercial using crowdsourced Instagram videos for their #LexusInstafilm project. >> The Realtime Report
- Target encouraged Facebook fans to vote on which U.S. schools will receive a total of $5 million in its “Give with Target” social campaign. >> All Facebook
- Viacom is expanding its Twitter Amplify social campaign to promote future events with brands like Pepsi and Degree Women after a huge success at the MTV Video Music Awards. >> Variety
Disclosure: General Electric, McDonald’s, AT&T, Lee Diaz, and Target are SocialMedia.org members (and awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- Social media case studies from Sprint, Tiffany & Co., KFC, and more
- TD Ameritrade social media case study — Live from the Brands-Only Summit
- Walgreens social media case study — Live from the Brands-Only Summit
- E. & J. Gallo Winery social media case study — Live from the Brands-Only Summit