The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from REI, Skittles, Verizon, and 11 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form on the right.
- REI responded via YouTube to their fans’ tweets asking what to get their friends for the holidays with personalized videos for their #giftpicks. >> Gear Junkie
- Skittles is letting their fans create their own wacky Taste the Rainbow commercial to share with their friends via Facebook and Twitter. >> Adweek
- Author Jackie Huba talks about what she learned from Dell Director of Social Media Liz Bullock and others at Dell World 2012. >> Church of the Customer
- GE Aviation is showcasing some amazing behind the scenes content on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. >> Forbes
- Frito-Lay’s Tostitos brand hosted a suprise homecoming party for U.S. military veterans at the Cerritos College stadium that was broadcast live on their Facebook page. >> Brandchannel
- Verizon is promoting their Direct Line to Santa through social media where a video of Santa will answer your questions. >> ClickZ
- Canadian Club Whisky is launching a campaign where they will discuss and feature 100 Whisky Whisdoms with their Facebook fans. >> Seeking Alpha
- Molson Coors Canada is teaming up with cab finding app Hailo to give away $1,000,000 in cab fares by encouraging recipients to tweet #OneMillionHailos during their rides. >> Molson Coors
- AT&T is letting their fans share “Gifts That Money Can’t Buy,” such as a portrait drawn by a kindergartner or a longing look from Luke Perry via Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. >> Complex
- Hy-Vee’s Customer Service and Social Media Coordinator, Larry Ballard, explains how they offer 24/7 customer care through social media. >> Supermarket News
Disclosure: REI, GE Aviation, Verizon, Molson Coors Canada, and AT&T are SocialMedia.org members (and an awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- Social media case studies from Cisco, Dunkin’ Donuts, Buick, and 15 more
- SocialMedia.org’s weekly list of upcoming word of mouth and social media conferences
- Social media job openings and new hires at Estee Lauder, Sears, SunTrust, and more
- Social media case studies from Dell, MasterCard, American Airlines, and 14 more