The Big List Blog
Social media case studies from Wendy’s, Yoplait, United, and 13 more
These case studies (along with a bunch of career openings, new hires, and fantastic upcoming events) were featured in today’s edition of SocialMedia.org’s Big List. You can sign yourself up using our handy form below.
- Nestlé Purina PetCare Senior Brand Manager Michael Kotick talks about creating real-time social media responses in the company’s social media “war room.” >> MediaPost
- Brandon Rhoten, Wendy’s VP of Digital and Social Media, shares how they’re rewarding fans on Vine for spreading the word about their sandwiches. >> Mobile Marketer
- General Mills’ Yoplait brand created a YouTube video to show their fans they listened to social media requests for product improvements. >> YouTube
- The Coca-Cola Company’s Global Group Director of Digital Content and Strategy, Neil Bedwell, explains why they take cautious steps into real-time social media during big social events. >> Ad Age
- MasterCard VP of Global Digital Communications Jennifer Stalzer explains their newly launched social content hub, The Engagement Bureau. >> Brandchannel
- Kraft Foods’ Grey Poupon invited fans to help write their Emmy concession speech via Twitter as a way to thank their fans for their role in the nomination. >> Campaign Brief
- McDonald’s has created their first cross-platform social media story using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube to feature banter between multiple characters about their new #MightyWings. >> Adweek
- Expedia is spicing up their fans’ boring tweets by rewriting them in an exciting new location as part of their “Travel Yourself Interesting” campaign. >> Digiday
- United has launched “The Hub,” a center point for fans to discover and share the airline’s social media content. >> United Hub
- Samsung created a virtual Smart Phone Line for the launch of their Galaxy S4, where fans could move up a spot by sharing it on social media. >> Adweek
Disclosure: Nestlé Purina PetCare, Michael Kotick, Brandon Rhoten, Wendy’s, General Mills, Yoplait, The Coca-Cola Company, Kraft Foods, Grey Poupon, McDonald’s, Expedia, and United are SocialMedia.org members (and awesome ones at that!), but even if they weren’t, we’d write about them anyway.
We will never, ever release your email.
- Social media case studies from Sprint, Tiffany & Co., KFC, and more
- TD Ameritrade social media case study — Live from the Brands-Only Summit
- Walgreens social media case study — Live from the Brands-Only Summit
- E. & J. Gallo Winery social media case study — Live from the Brands-Only Summit